Simply FIFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Simply Fifa!

8 BPL TOTS Squad review

5 posters

Go down

8 BPL TOTS Squad review Empty 8 BPL TOTS Squad review

Post by REUS Sat May 03 2014, 00:03

on wednesday i bought 8 of the BPL TOTS players and built an amazing team around them, a few or you requested reviews of the different players so i thought i would just review the squad so that i can tell you about my experiences with each player.

i will give each player a short review, on overall rating and whether they are value for coins

i used the squad in 3 different versions as i wanted to try and find a formation that would allow me to get the best out of all the players

1) http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/10988103/
2) http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/10988212/
3) http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/10988296/

i played about 10 games in each of those formation and 1 and 2 were brilliant but i did struggle a bit with the second one mainly because of the formation.

GK - Cech, wont go into great detail about him as he isnt TOTS, was either amazing or terrible like all keepers on this game 8/10.

LB - TOTS Azpilicueta - he is a very solid left back, more than fast enough and when you combine this with his decent strength and high defensive stats you have imo the best BPL left back. Only issue i had with him was him being right footed which meant his passing up the line was sometimes fairly average.

overall i would give him 9/10 and for only 50k i think he is an absolute steal so 10/10 for value.

CB - TOTS Cahill - possibily the best centre back i have used on the game this year, the only one that comes close to him is SIF Benatia. literally he can do everything you can possibly need from a centre back. His heading in particular is imperious both in your box and for scoring goals from corners (he had 7 goals in 30 games).

i would give him 10/10 for gameplay and at 130k when i bought him which is pretty cheap for a BPL TOTS card an 9/10 as far as value for coins goes.

CB - TOTS Kompany - as good as cahill when the ball is on the ground and when tackling/shoving opponents off the ball. Where i felt he was slightly worse is in heading, dont get me wrong he was very solid i just got a little frustrated with him as he was losing a few to many heading battles for my liking.

7.5/10 for gameplay and since he is 3 times more than cahill who i think is better i will give him 5/10 for value.

RB - richards - a very solid right back, with his strength being the main highlight as he regularly ragdoll's the much weaker wingers.

CDM/CM - TOTS Ramsey - dribbling, passing, shooting are all 89 on his card and they feel exactly that good. For my style he is the perfect CM as i love someone who can dribble as well as they can break up play, and that is the position i would recommend for him. Though i do think that CAM may well be his best position but i didnt get the chance to play him there as Rooney is better for that position.

CDM 8/10 CM 9/10, as far as value for money i give him a 8/10 due to the fact he is better than IF Fernandinho and there isnt too much of a price difference.

CDM - TOTS Matic - this guy is a beast, the best CDM along with effenberg that i have used all year. He is a massive presence in the midfield and breaks up play for fun both by knocking people off the ball and winning headers from your opponents goal kicks which is important to keeping possesion. Honestly in a team with so many class players i was not expecting him to be one of the stand out players but he was.

CDM 10/10 and value for money is also 10/10 as he only cost me 98k.

LCAM - TOTS Lallana - this guys isnt the best TOTS player i have used, especially as a CM, but as far as wide CAMs go he is probably the best in the BPL. He feels faster than his 84 pace and both his dribbling and passing are exceptional. Where he falls short is his shooting which to be honest is rubbish, he missed plenty of chances.

CM 6/10 CAM 8/10, he is reasonable value for money 7/10 if only his shooting was better he would be amazing as his dribbling is unreal.

CAM/ST - TOTS Rooney - im still undecided on rooney TBH, i really wanted to love him but he was a little up and down as a striker. Then i moved him to CAM in the 4231 squad and he started tearing teams apart, i would definitely recommend him in that formation and position. His long range shooting is exceptional and dip like crazy, his finishing in the box is also very good. The area i felt the most improvement though was his dribbling, which is where his NIF fell a little short.

ST 7/10 CAM 10/10, he is very expensive at 700k+ and although he is fun to use i will only give him 6/10 for value.

ST - TOTS Sturridge - i have never used NIF Sturridge (must be the only one i know) so it was a very pleasant surprise when i used this beast of a card. With 36 goals and 12 assists in 30 games he was the best player in a team of excellent players and the best non-legend striker i have used. He is incredibly fast and that is made even more effective because of his 90 dribbling and perfect finishing in the box. There was only one very little issue i had with him and that was strength, he didn't feel like 80+ strength and against people using david luiz on high aggression he would sometimes get blunted.

lone striker 10/10, 2 striker formation 8/10 (he scored 15 goals in 8 games as alone striker), value for money would be 7/10 as 550k (i paid 450k) is very expensive for him and i expect once the hype dies down he will be 300k.

overall this was an excellent squad and i won the majority of games i played with it, the only issue is one that many will experience if they have so many expensive players in a team and that is how your opponents play. They see all the blue and go into try hard/ ultra-sweat mode, this can get a little tedious and after a while i couldn't be bothered with seasons anymore. When i moved onto the gold cup it really came into its own winning it 3 times out of 4 attempts, the last time i won the semi final 6-1 and the final 7-1.

Hope this helps a little for anyone trying to decide which BPL TOTS players to buy.
REUS
REUS

SF Points : 235251
Gamertag : PM me

Back to top Go down

8 BPL TOTS Squad review Empty Re: 8 BPL TOTS Squad review

Post by bubbi_177 Sat May 03 2014, 07:26

great review mate that was helpful for me and thanks Smile
bubbi_177
bubbi_177
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 560402

Back to top Go down

Post by FabrYs Sat May 03 2014, 11:13

Great review, I won't like to play against those nasty guys tbh!!! eek
FabrYs
FabrYs
Elite
Elite

SF Points : 126001
Gamertag : YsdeBordeaux

Back to top Go down

Post by loly0s Sat May 03 2014, 11:48

agree with most except kompany and cech, both are phenomenal! cech is probably the best keeper on this game
loly0s
loly0s
Elite
Elite

SF Points : 64002
PSN ID : loly0s
Gamertag : loly0s

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Sat May 03 2014, 21:29

Nice review. Very Happy 25k SF Points added/moved to Squad Reviews section.
Taylor
Taylor
Owner
Owner

SF Points : 1090386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down