Simply FIFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Simply Fifa!

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial!

+16
Dundir
Red Devils
FabrYs
evilcaterpillar
eduardo18
RJJR
Novakone
Taylor
xWillooo
Brochacho
Fail Garrod
UKMattYT
bubbi_177
FOLK_AFCA
DerHerrie
Twenty
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Empty FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial!

Post by Twenty Mon Mar 03 2014, 17:31

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Guideheader_zpsab34444f

FAQs

So what is this false 5 you speak of?
The false 5 is a very unusual tactic in which your striker lines up as a central defender but has a very advanced attacking role while in possession of the ball.

Really? Why would you do this?
The idea is to confuse your opponents and catch them out by using unfamiliar strategies and tactics that they may find hard to counter.

So how does this work?
It works by lining up an attacking minded and hard working player in the central defender role. When in solid possession the central defender then acts as the drive through the middle of the park disrupting the opposing team and dragging players out of position. When the opposing team has the ball the player then acts as a regular central defender usually playing the role of a sweeper or a blocker.

What inspired this idea?
About a year ago my football team folded because our manager could no longer carry on. Our team was upset because we had a great group of players and everyone loved playing so because of this i decided to take over as a 'Player/manager' which then allowed us to carry on. I've always considered myself as a bit of a 'football hipster'. you know, the type of person that thinks that Sergio Busquets is more valuable to Barcelona than Messi is so as a joke in a friendly game i decided on playing the 'False 5'. In this particular friendly we won 4-0 and the formation worked so well that i decided to train it properly and ended up winning that season as well as the cup. No i'm not talking about football manager i'm talking about real life.

How does this apply to me on FIFA?
Simply, because it works on FIFA. I got bored of FIFA one day and decided to play my 'False 5'. It worked very well simply because people get confused when they see it and don't know how to defend against it. I have won many tournaments and division 1 using this strategy.

This now leads me into teaching you how to play this unique strategy but i must warn you, if you're not willing to try something new, please click that red 'X' in the corner of your screen now.

How to play the 'False Five'
Created, tested and written by Twenty.
FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! False5icon3d_zpscfe16d72

Content

1) Creating the team
    2) Selecting appropriate players
    3) How to attack
    4) How to defend

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Creatingtheteam_zpsa67f7403

The formation you will need to use is the 5-2-2-1. This is only the formation that you will need to select when making a new Ultimate Team as the starting foundations. This formation changes when you're in possession of the ball to a 4-3-3/4-2-4. But don't worry, you will not need to pause the game to make any of these changes they are made automatically in the way that you play.
FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Flase5newsquad_zpsae3b14eb

Create a blank team and use my ideas and recommendations on how to select players to assist you in buying stars for your team.

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Selectingplayers_zps0be57925

Goal keeper: Standard selection. Use any keeper you like using. For a list of the best keepers on the game please click here.

Right back: Needs a high attacking work rate. This is so he can push up the field and create space as well as providing as an option in attacks.

Center back: Needs a medium/low attacking work rate and a medium/high defensive one. A standard amount of pace is required. Generally go for good defenders that you like on FIFA, but make sure their work rates are fine.

False five: MUST HAVE high/high workrates or at least High/Medium. I generally convert a striker to CDM so he can play center back on 7 chemistry. Good strength, pace, stamina, passing, shooting and positioning is required to play this role.

Center back: Same as other.

Left back: Same as right back.

Central Midfielder (Block): As the blocking central midfielder this guys role is to stand in front of the on-coming opposing player and block them in their path. He needs to pressure them and hassle them using his strength to take the ball. He needs High defensive work rate and medium/low attacking one.

Central midfielder (steal): This midfielder needs to be fast in order to steal the loose ball in the park and get it before the enemy does. Stats wise look for someone with stamina, pace, defending and dribbling. He needs to work with the blocker and grab the ball as the blocker stops the player. He also has a role in attack as he needs to create space and open up defenses. For workrates he needs High/High.

Right winger: Needs a high attacking work rate. The more pace, passing, dribbling shooting and positioning the better basically. Skill moves can be useful if you want. Having a good weak foot is really helpful as you will need this player to cross and cut in when the LB/RB overlap.

Striker: Needs to be a target man. But let me stress this. This player does not need to be fast, or good at dribbling for many reasons. This guy needs strength and a higher defensive work rate than attacking work rate because you do not want this guy trying to make runs in behind the defense. His job is to hold the ball, hold off defenders and then pass the ball out wide or pass it into the feet of the charging false 5.

left winger: Same as right winger.

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Border_zpse72e6f35

My suggested players in order of preference.
Goal keeper: Handanovic, Cech, Neuer, begovic, hart, Casillas.
Right Back: Dani Alves, Walker, Abate, Lahm, Piszczek, Maicon.
Left back: Alaba, Clichy, Marcelo, Gibbs, Cole.
Center Backs: Kompany, Koscielny, Dante, Benatia, Hummels, Pique.
False Five: Rooney, Tevez, Mandzukic, Moussa Dembele, Cavani, Guarin.
Central Midfield (block): Yaya Toure, Tiote, Khedira, Essien, Martinez.
Central Midfield (Steal): Ramires, Vidal, Matuidi, Marchisio, Moutinho, mahlangu, rosinei
Wingers: Pedro, Callejon, Navas, Young.
Strikers: Kenwyne jones, LLorente, Mandzukic, Shung Hoon.

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Howtoattack_zps8aecc1ec

The main thing to remember is that your False 5 doesn't have to score any goals in order for it to be successful. The false five can be successful by creating space and dragging out players and getting assists.

This GIF will help you to understand the role the False five has in the attacking play. He is highlighted in blue to make it clear.
FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Attackign-animation_zpsf000f533

Because on paper the false 5 is a Center Back, the opposition will not mark or follow his runs from defence unless they do so manually which is unlikely and will then distract them from any other players that you have and leave lets say a winger or your actual striker un-marked allowing you to pass to them instead.

To get your False five to make a run up the pitch, give him the ball and then do a LB-A (Xbox) or L2-X (PSx) Aim the pass towards another center back or un-marked player and make sure you don't loose possession here. Then watch your player make a run into the attacking phase completely un-marked. You can then either play the ball into him or play it out wide and cross it into him and your target man striker to head into the goal.

Do not feel like you have to use the false 5 in your attack at all. Sometimes it is good to avoid passing to him and let your opponent close him down and panic allowing you to pass the ball to a winger or your target man.

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Howtodefend_zps9c7bdd0d

Defending in this formation is easy. When your opponent has the ball you have a solid 5 at the back with midfielders trying to close them down and grab the ball. Your false 5 will not have the best defending stats because he is a natural striker or attacker. But he should possess a lot of strength and aggression allowing you to block runners with him.
The images below shows the lineup when defending
FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! 5221
(image from Brianbscotty of photobucket)
This is how the formation holds the line preventing the opposite team from running in behind your defence while using the central midfielders to hassle and win the ball.
FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Palermo
(image from thinkfootball.co.uk)

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Summary_zpsae49ffc8

Thank you for reading my guide on the false 5. I know i may seem a little crazy but it works for me and i hope it works for you! This guide took a LONG time to make so feedback is greatly appreciated. I wish you guys the best of luck with FIFA ultimate team.

If you do decide to make a False 5 team then please show me it i would love to see it!

Updates
Added defensive setup images
Added recommended left backs - Thanks Brochacho Smile

Community teams
Brochacho - http://www.simplyfifa.com/t25052-amazing-false-5-team#278633
Fail Garrod - http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7659572/
Novakone - http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7667076/

Last edited by Twenty on Mon Mar 03 2014, 22:46; edited 4 times in total
Twenty
Twenty

SF Points : 65500
Gamertag : Twenty Minutes

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Empty Re: FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial!

Post by DerHerrie Mon Mar 03 2014, 18:03

Very nice review, great pics to make the details even more clear!
DerHerrie
DerHerrie

SF Points : 11605
PSN ID : DerHerrie

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Empty Re: FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial!

Post by FOLK_AFCA Mon Mar 03 2014, 18:21

Best review on this site so far, IMO
FOLK_AFCA
FOLK_AFCA
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 160754

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbi_177 Mon Mar 03 2014, 18:42

nice review there
bubbi_177
bubbi_177
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 560402

Back to top Go down

Post by Twenty Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:01

FOLK_AFCA wrote:Best review on this site so far, IMO
Thank you very much Smile
Twenty
Twenty

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:17

how did you even do that! awesome review
UKMattYT
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 250700
PSN ID : Matt_Utd10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fail Garrod Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:32

I'm considering using this actually! Great review, and sounds like a good idea!

But on this formation; could players like Ozil be used? As a creative attacking mid?
Fail Garrod
Fail Garrod
SF Points Betting Moderator

SF Points : 632062
Gamertag : Fail Garrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Twenty Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:42

Fail Garrod wrote:I'm considering using this actually! Great review, and sounds like a good idea!

But on this formation; could players like Ozil be used? As a creative attacking mid?

I've never tried Ozil if i'm honest, you should try it and tell me! I would recommend someone with more strength and better shooting if i'm honest but seriously try it and tell me how it goes!
Twenty
Twenty

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Empty Re: The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial!

Post by Brochacho Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:44

Amazing, absolutely amazing! Definitely the best review so far.

EDIT: Only thing I could say is that you didn't give a list of recommended LBs.
Brochacho
Brochacho
Elite
Elite

SF Points : 377018
Gamertag : Brochacho Dos

Back to top Go down

Post by Twenty Mon Mar 03 2014, 20:04

Brochacho wrote:Amazing, absolutely amazing! Definitely the best review so far.

EDIT: Only thing I could say is that you didn't give a list of recommended LBs.

Just added it and thanks for the feedback Smile
Twenty
Twenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fail Garrod Mon Mar 03 2014, 20:21

Twenty wrote:
Fail Garrod wrote:I'm considering using this actually! Great review, and sounds like a good idea!

I've never tried Ozil if i'm honest, you should try it and tell me! I would recommend someone with more strength and better shooting if i'm honest but seriously try it and tell me how it goes!
Could this work then, you think?
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7659572/
Fail Garrod
Fail Garrod

SF Points : 632062
Gamertag : Fail Garrod

Back to top Go down

Post by Brochacho Mon Mar 03 2014, 20:23

Made this team: http://www.simplyfifa.com/t25052-amazing-false-5-team

Tell me what if you think about it Very Happy
Brochacho
Brochacho
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twenty Mon Mar 03 2014, 20:37

Fail Garrod wrote:
Twenty wrote:

Could this work then, you think?
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7659572/

Definitely. Id say Ozil is the only player id change but i don't think i could make a better squad than that!
Twenty
Twenty

Back to top Go down

Post by xWillooo Mon Mar 03 2014, 20:49

This is a fantastic review, something different and unique. To come up with something like this is mad so I applaud you for creativeness as well! I am tempted to try this myself, but maybe at a later date Wink Great job sir!
xWillooo
xWillooo
Administrator
Administrator

SF Points : 1684118

Back to top Go down

Post by Twenty Mon Mar 03 2014, 21:19

xWillooo wrote:This is a fantastic review, something different and unique. To come up with something like this is mad so I applaud you for creativeness as well! I am tempted to try this myself, but maybe at a later date Wink Great job sir!

It is great to hear this from people it really motivates me to make more and more Smile I wasn't sure how this... urgh... unique formation would be taken but it seems as though it has gone down really well!
Twenty
Twenty

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 - The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial! Empty The False 5 | Formation & Tactic tutorial!

Post by Taylor Mon Mar 03 2014, 21:38

Great guide Twenty! It looks like you really put a lot of time and effort in to this. I'll have to give it a try now. Smile

I've added your 25k SF Points.
Taylor
Taylor
Owner
Owner

SF Points : 1090386

Back to top Go down

Post by Novakone Mon Mar 03 2014, 22:19

Great ideas here twenty, was wondering how you think his would work and how would i be able to get Bale on a higher chem..

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7667076/

Thanks
Novakone
Novakone
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 57750
Gamertag : Novakone

Back to top Go down

Post by Twenty Mon Mar 03 2014, 22:45

Novakone wrote:Great ideas here twenty, was wondering how you think his would work and how would i be able to get Bale on a higher chem..

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7667076/

Thanks

You cant get higher than that because they're not a natural center back. I never though of using bale and your midfield combo would work really well, Diaby is a monster!
Twenty
Twenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Novakone Mon Mar 03 2014, 23:29

Ahh. My bad, just looked at it again. It was a 6 when i was building it but its changed now.
Yeah i thought diaby would fit the role pretty well. Im gonna pick a few of the players up and give it go.
Novakone
Novakone
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 57750
Gamertag : Novakone

Back to top Go down

Post by Brochacho Mon Mar 03 2014, 23:41

Novakone wrote:Ahh. My bad, just looked at it again. It was a 6 when i was building it but its changed now.
Yeah i thought diaby would fit the role pretty well. Im gonna pick a few of the players up and give it go.

You can get him to 7 with a league/manager + the loyalty bonus.
Brochacho
Brochacho
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by RJJR Tue Mar 04 2014, 02:52

Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesomeeee guide. I am definitely going yo give it a go, would you think this False 5 squad would work well??

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7672452/

I am only concerned about Schweinsteiger and Lahm on the midfield, like they don't have the WR for the blocker ( which i think Schweinsteiger would be) or the steal (Lahm), but i think their stats suit the positions. (IF Shürle at RW)
RJJR
RJJR
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 185501

Back to top Go down

Post by eduardo18 Tue Mar 04 2014, 04:31

Planning on using this team
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7675071/

should i use tevez or guarin?
and cerci can do the job?

eduardo18
eduardo18
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 102496

Back to top Go down

Post by Brochacho Tue Mar 04 2014, 04:42

eduardo18 wrote:Planning on using this team
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7675071/

should i use tevez or guarin?
and cerci can do the job?

He said the Striker needs a higher defensive workrate than attacking. This is probably the most important player to have the right workrates on so that he won't make runs in behind the defense like Twenty said.
Brochacho
Brochacho
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by evilcaterpillar Tue Mar 04 2014, 05:51

Great job mate! You put a lot of work. Really creative, I probably try it, let you know
evilcaterpillar
evilcaterpillar
Elite
Elite

SF Points : 231814
PSN ID : evilcaterpillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Brochacho Tue Mar 04 2014, 06:19

Made a silver one.

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7676043/

Thoughts?
Brochacho
Brochacho
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next