Simply FIFA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Simply Fifa!

FIFA 14 - 4-2-3-1(2) BPL Squad Review

+3
bubbi_177
Twenty
B.Silva
7 posters

Go down

FIFA 14 - 4-2-3-1(2) BPL Squad Review Empty FIFA 14 - 4-2-3-1(2) BPL Squad Review

Post by B.Silva Mon Mar 03 2014, 18:31

FIFA 14 - 4-2-3-1(2) BPL Squad Review 10xu43l

The squad costs ~ 650k. I played like 90 games with this squad.
http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/7648355/

4-2-3-1(2)
If you look at the number of players distributed on each field position ( defence, midfield, attack ), you would think that 4-2-3-1(2) is a defensive formation. Don't be fooled by the 2 CDMs. This formation is suited for possesion and fast counter attacks. If you want just to pass the ball over the defence just stick with another formation.
The key player in this formation is the CAM/CF. Sure, having a top scorer up front and fast and agile wings is useful, but if you fail at this position you will lose the midfield.

So, about positions:

LB/RB: it's all about size Smile) Small and fast or big and bulky. I prefer the first one, lol. You will find yourself with the fullbacks in a position to pass or cross very often. If they're slow or can't pass...
CBs: heading, strength, pace. What combination suits the needs.
CDMs: one tank, big and strong with good short passing skills. The other one I prefer to be fast.
CAM/CF: I like a strong one, in this example Jovetic. Good at short passing, good at shooting, pretty good at heading.
LM/RM: you will want them to be full attacking. The fullbacks will take care of the oposite wings, while the CDMs will track their midfielders. In this formation you have only 4 players that are attacking minded. You don't want the wings to have M/M, M/H workrates. I can't tell about H/H though, BPL doesn't have a decent wing with those workrates. The wings need to be very fast, with good dribling and shooting.
ST: here it's all about your needs. If you like to cross, go with someone like Benteke, lol. Strength and jumping ( I think that I will get some hate here for recommending Benteke Smile ). In my case, I like my striker to be fast and with good shooting, I barely cross the ball.

Player reviews:

GK: Cech, one of the best keepers in the world. Perfect combination of reflexes, positioning and handling. He can pass the ball very well, too. He is the best GK in the BPL by far.
I had tried Lloris who can't save a ball even if his life would be in danger.

LB: Clichy: this guy is a pretty cool fullback. Pace, dribling, nice defending stats. The thing I hate is his heading. If I find myself in a situation to defend with him at the far post he usually gets bullied my players like Balotelli, Benteke, who score from crosses. I'd tried Cole and he exceeded only at passing, compared with Clichy.
I would rate him ~ 8/10, 2 points for being weak and not being able to head the ball.

CB: Kompany: one of the best defenders in the game. Strong, very impresive stats. Even though he is 6'3", he only scored 6 headers from corners in ~ 90 games. Good on the ground, kind of poor on lobbed passes to players like Aubameyang. 10/10 best CB in BPL

CB: David Luiz: mixt impression here. In some games he is outstanding, in some he is very bad. The thing I like about him is the combination of pace+heading. While Kompany is kind of bad at jumping, this guy is a monster in defense. I would rate him 7/10 for inconsistency.
I don't receive goals from headers at corners with this combo of CBs. Also, both CBs are very good at short passing.

RB: Walker: perfect combination of pace, defending and heading. An outstanding player, good at passing too. 9/10, he could be a little bit stronger ( like Richards, for example ).

CDM: Ramires: fast, fast, fast. I think this player if the fastest CDM in the game. But he is weak, so, so weak. Players like Iniesta or Shaarawy push him off. He appears in attack do to his workrates ( H/H ). He runs very much and pass well, but in defense he is bad. I only play him because I need a fast CDM to pair with Yaya. 6/10

CDM: Yaya Toure: the best defensive midfield in the game. Tall, strong, very good at passing and a wall in defense. In other words, he is a pure tank. If you find yourself in a position to shoot with his right foot, do it. His weak foot is bad though, don't try it Smile) I scored 11 goals with him so far, not bad for a defensive player. 10/10 He is worth every coin.

CAM: Jovetic: everybody knows this player, a cheap one with nice stats. But he is a perfect combination of strength, shooting, passing, pace. I scored 61 goals with him so far. And now, the assists: 76. This player can really pass. I tried players like Ozil, Mata, Rooney, Suarez. Rooney is out of position due to H/H workrates, Ozil is one footed, Mata does not have anything special. Suarez was on the same level with Jovetic, but why keep a player that costs 70k if I do the same thing with one that is only 15k. 10/10 With those stats he is a barglain.

LM: Hazard: if the price isn't a problem, go for it. I only play him for his workrates, his shooting and dribling is just a bonus  Rolling Eyes Kidding, this guy can shoot. Finesse shots especially. He is weak though, if you are in a 1vs1 situation you will dribble easy and get away from the defender, but if the player is on you, you will lose the ball. I have scored 36 goals and I have 39 assists with him. 8/10 for his price. Willian is a good choice for less coins. I have Schurrle for his M/M workrates, even though he is a better shooter than Willian.

RM: Nani: very good skiller and passer, decent shooting. His pace isn't very good compared to Navas, but the workrates make up for it. 26 goals and 30 assists.
If he was left footed... damn. 9/10.

ST: Aguero: some say he is overpriced, some say he is good only because of his pace. Well, I think he is the best ST in BPL. He can score. He can run. He can pass. He is expensive. 142 goals and 33 assists. He is not as fast as Eto'o, not as good at shooting as RVP, but he has that 'class' thing that makes him very lethal. His positioning is incredible, and the workrates makes him a pure striker. He score headers from time to time, but he is clearly a small player. 8/10 for his heading and price.

I don't recommend this formation just for crosses of counter. If you don't have pacience, go with 4-1-2-1-2.

As for custom tactics, I use the ones provided by Sokker14 on the EA official forums:
Build up play: Speed 70 / Passing 60 / Organised
Chance creation: Passing 50 / Crossing 30 / Shooting 70 / Free form
Defence: Pressure 60 / Aggresion 70 / Team Width 40 / Cover

I am sorry if I made spelling mistakes, English is not my first language. Hope you enjoyed reading!

Last edited by B.Silva on Mon Mar 03 2014, 18:35; edited 1 time in total
B.Silva
B.Silva

SF Points : 49000

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 - 4-2-3-1(2) BPL Squad Review Empty Re: FIFA 14 - 4-2-3-1(2) BPL Squad Review

Post by Twenty Mon Mar 03 2014, 18:34

Hey nice guide dude! you use lots of my favorite players!
Twenty
Twenty

SF Points : 65500
Gamertag : Twenty Minutes

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 - 4-2-3-1(2) BPL Squad Review Empty Re: FIFA 14 - 4-2-3-1(2) BPL Squad Review

Post by bubbi_177 Mon Mar 03 2014, 18:53

nice guide there it was great reading Smile
bubbi_177
bubbi_177
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 560402

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Mon Mar 03 2014, 21:29

Great squad review!

Moved to the Squad Reviews section/SF Points added.
Taylor
Taylor
Owner
Owner

SF Points : 1090386

Back to top Go down

Post by carl_zeiss Sun Mar 09 2014, 13:54

i suggest rooney for CF
and aslo IF Teryy for CB instead of David luis
carl_zeiss
carl_zeiss

SF Points : 1250

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:42

if terry instead of david luiz smh
UKMattYT
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 250700
PSN ID : Matt_Utd10

Back to top Go down

Post by Benficafan Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:46

Great review mate, Jovetic plays amazing as a CAM!
Benficafan
Benficafan
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 412210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down