Welcome to Simply Fifa!

FIFA 14 - Jackson Martinez Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FIFA 14 - Jackson Martinez Review

Post by BD3 on Sun Mar 09 2014, 01:41

Jackson Martinez is a bad man.  Definitely the best striker I have used in FIFA 14.

I had his IF last year, but never really liked him, until this year.  After seeing how cheap most Liga Portuguesa players were I decided to make a really cheap ~10 k LP team.  Oddly enough, I really built it around Eder, who came very highly recommended but was easily outdone by Martinez.  He is pretty much a more skilled Benteke in my mind.  Here is the review:

Pace: 82
Not bad whatsoever.  It's actually really good when combined with his incredible physical stats like 86 strength.  He is faster and stronger than most CB's so no matchup will throw him off his game.

Shot: 75
Definitely underrated.  He can finish anything and can do it with either foot given his 4* weak foot.  I can't recall attempting too many long shots with him, but he was always clutch.  His shots across the goal are deadly.

Passing: 67
Solid is the best word I could use.  I used him in a 2 striker formation so his passing wasn't an extremely important aspect to his game.  I can't recall his passing being an advantage or detriment.  He'll put the passes where they need to be as long you don't try to use him like Pirlo or Xavi.

Dribbling: 78
Extremely solid.  With his 4* skills, you can really pull off any move really needed to be successful.  With his combination of excellent physical attributes and his great dribbling, it causes nightmares for defenders.

Defense: 59, whatever.  Could make a nice CB I guess...  Very Happy 

Heading: 86
This is where he is OP.  He has had so many clutch headers for me.  If you whip it in, he'll likely put the ball in the back in the net, whether it's through open play or on corners the man is unstoppable with his headers.

Work rates: H/M, perfect for his uses.  He is rarely out of position and is always in the box where you want him.

Other:

-Height 6 feet or 185 cm tall.  Not quite a giant, but his height is plenty with his great jumping and strength for headers.

-4* for both skills and WF makes him absolutely deadly.

In conclusion, Jackson Martinez is an amazing striker.  Being Columbian, you can make some nice squads with him and he is extremely cheap at less than 1,000 coins.  As I stated earlier, he is a more skilled Benteke.  He is just as powerful and OP, except he is even more deadly.  Definitely try him out, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by BD3 on Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:09; edited 1 time in total
BD3
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 495752

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FIFA 14 - Jackson Martinez Review

Post by bubbi_177 on Sun Mar 09 2014, 06:30

nice review there
bubbi_177
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 560402

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FabrYs on Sun Mar 09 2014, 06:39

Nice review. I sold all my Portuguese Liga team including him but Garay/Gaitan/Mangala/Matic, as I thought it wasn't working for me, but it's mainly cos I don't use crosses/headers. Should work like a charm with him!
FabrYs
Elite
Elite

SF Points : 126001
Gamertag : YsdeBordeaux

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT on Sun Mar 09 2014, 08:03

good review but would look a bit nicer with some pictures and titles just to separate the text a bit and make it look nicer
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 250700
PSN ID : Matt_Utd10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar on Sun Mar 09 2014, 17:32

Moved to the Player Reviews section/25k SF Points added. I've added an image of the card for you.

I thought he was really good last year, looks like it's more of the same this year then. Nice review.
Neymar
Owner
Owner

SF Points : 1090386

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BD3 on Sun Mar 09 2014, 17:38

Neymar wrote:Moved to the Player Reviews section/25k SF Points added. I've added an image of the card for you.

I thought he was really good last year, looks like it's more of the same this year then. Nice review.
Thanks. Like I said, I didn't really think he was anything special when I tried him out last year but he was just unbelievable for me this year.
BD3
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 495752

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: