Welcome to Simply Fifa!

How to Increase Your Chance of Winning on FIFA 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to Increase Your Chance of Winning on FIFA 14

Post by UKMattYT on Mon Mar 03 2014, 17:11

There are 10 steps to increasing your chance of winning.

1. Use the King Fahd stadium - it is the only stadium on the game that never rains or snows and generally speaking, most people play better when it is dry.

2. Lag - when choosing an opponent do not play anyone whose latency is either red (1 bar) or orange (2 bars). Even if it flickers to orange or red for a second try and play someone who has a green latency. It does not guarantee there will be no lag but it significantly decreases the amount of lag and I rarely play with lag anymore. This is very important as lag changes the way everyone plays and you can often get DNFs also.

3. Formations - Use a formation that suits your play-style, if you are an attacking player who is confident that you can defend use a formation like 4-3-3 to support the way you play or if you are defensive player then use a 5 at the back formation or a formation like 4-1-4-1. The most popular formations are very balanced like 4-1-2-1-2 but that is not necessarily the best idea. I recommend using the 4-2-3-1(2) formation as it is good offensively and defensively and provides a lot of different options.

4. Team - Use players that YOU play well with or that suit your formation instead of using a team that you made just to make it look good (an expensive or hybrid team) that you want to show off to your friends. For example, using say Bale and an alright La Liga team (the rest of the team costing like 50k) instead of using Diego Costa and a really good team with players you like but couldn't afford in the other team because you used Bale is probably not a good idea. If you are going to use these sort of teams I suggest playing single matches or cup matches and just have fun with them instead.

5. Concentrate - You often find that you play a lot better without any distractions and just concentrate on what you're doing. When I play I normally just sit back quite far away from the screen and look at my Ipad every now and then with lots of background noise but if I want to win a game really badly I close my door, go closer to the screen and put my Ipad on the floor. It makes a much bigger difference than you would expect.

6. Kits - Make sure that you choose kits that don't clash, people often make the mistake of just spamming x at the start of a match and obviously, when you can't see who's on your team you cant really tell what's going on in the game and it's pretty much impossible for you to play normally. It just comes down to luck.

7. Patience - If the game/opponent is annoying you don't be impatient and give the ball away. Try to continue to play how you're playing and you will get chances but if you're not getting through be prepared to change the way you are playing and pass the ball around more to open up space.

8. Tactics: If your gameplan is not working out, change your formation around and make a few substitutes to change it up. Selecting high pressure and ultra-attacking is very useful if you want to really attack the pressure your opponent, especially if you're a goal down or drawing. However, I do not advise playing ultra-defensive if you are a goal up because it just invites pressure and means that your opponent is dominant in possession which can frustrate you and make you become more impatient.

9. Know your opponents - At the start of the game look at your opponents team and their key players. Think about how they will be playing with these players. Once you have started focus on how your opponent is playing and work out how your they attack and defend, their strengths and weaknesses and get a huge advantage over them. If they have a beast of a player or are really good with a certain player - say if he has 5* skills - work out how to take him out of the game.

10. Flaws - (optional) Use this tip if your opponent is doing it against you. Abuse the games mechanics with heading, over the top through balls, kick-off glitches, pace, strength, sweat and so on. Don't let other people dominate you by not doing these, if you can't beat them, join them.

Hope you can use this advice to win some games.  Yes 

p.s. I'm in Division 1

Last edited by UKMattYT on Mon Mar 03 2014, 22:46; edited 1 time in total
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 250700
PSN ID : Matt_Utd10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Increase Your Chance of Winning on FIFA 14

Post by bubbi_177 on Mon Mar 03 2014, 18:46

it is a nice guide but dont like your point number 6
bubbi_177
Premium
Premium

SF Points : 560402

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT on Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:14

i know but if you cant beat them join them!
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DerHerrie on Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:24

Sorry, i think this review is to simple. Most things are common knowledge. In my oppinion this is not good enough. Sorry.
DerHerrie

SF Points : 11605
PSN ID : DerHerrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT on Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:28

Sad
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FabrYs on Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:42

UKMattYT wrote:i know but if you cant beat them join them!
You can beat them, so dont join them! Wink
FabrYs
Elite
Elite

SF Points : 126001
Gamertag : YsdeBordeaux

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DerHerrie on Mon Mar 03 2014, 19:51

UKMattYT wrote:Sad

Didn't mean it in an offensive way. I just think this is to common to make a review about. But thats my 2 cents Smile
DerHerrie

SF Points : 11605
PSN ID : DerHerrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by REUS on Mon Mar 03 2014, 20:01

6. Flaws - Abuse the games mechanics with heading, over the top through balls, kick-off glitches, pace, strength, sweat and so on. Don't let other people dominate you by not doing these.

Bang Head

terrible advice and sums up in one bullet point everything that is wrong with the fifa community
REUS

SF Points : 235251
Gamertag : PM me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT on Mon Mar 03 2014, 21:14

is my other review of oxlade-chamberlain good enough?
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT on Mon Mar 03 2014, 21:17

i dont think there is anything wrong with doing that, yes it is annoying when it is done against you and it is not realistic but it is part of game and you have to accept it. you don't see people on games like cod not using annoying, op things like IEDs. you just have to learn how to adapt to it and if you use it yourself it is to your advantage. just my opinion
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar on Mon Mar 03 2014, 21:35

Can you maybe expand on those points a bit? Just add a bit more detail to each one and this should be accepted.

I'd probably put number 6 further down the list as an optional one, only if you're opponent keeps doing it. It's never nice to play against people that just constantly do that.
Neymar
Owner
Owner

SF Points : 1090386

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT on Mon Mar 03 2014, 21:45

good advice, will do - just after ive watched the walking dead! Wink
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UKMattYT on Mon Mar 03 2014, 22:47

done Yes
UKMattYT
Premium
Premium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brochacho on Mon Mar 03 2014, 22:51

I feel like #1 wouldn't help you. If you're playing better because it's dry, then most likely, your opponent is too.
Brochacho
Elite
Elite

SF Points : 377018
Gamertag : Brochacho Dos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar on Tue Mar 04 2014, 17:24

I've moved this in to the Miscellaneous Guides sections and added your 25k SF Points. Nice tips in there. Yes

Brochacho, I think that probably just helps make it less annoying overall. It's bad playing in the snow. Sad
Neymar
Owner
Owner

SF Points : 1090386

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: