Welcome to Simply Fifa!

Buy Low, Sell High & TOTW Trading Method

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Buy Low, Sell High & TOTW Trading Method

Post by Neymar on Tue Feb 25 2014, 21:43

THE BUY LOW, SELL HIGH TRADING METHOD

The buy low, sell high method is the most simple yet the most effective trading method on Ultimate Team. As the name suggests, this coin making method involves buying players/items on the FUT market for a lower number of coins than their actual value, and selling them on for a higher number of coins.

This guide will focus on the basics of the buy low, sell high method, mostly for beginner traders on FUT, and then on to also the slightly more advanced variations available.

THE BASICS
This trading method is possible mainly as a result of items on the Ultimate Team market constantly fluctuating in price. If you can buy a player while their value is relatively low, and sell at a time where their value is high, a nice coin profit will be available.

So let's take a look at the basics of the buy low, sell high method.

FINDING THE LOWEST BUY NOW PRICE OF A PLAYER
To start off, you'll need to know how to accurately find the lowest buy now price (BIN) of a player. Let's use Soldado as our example.

1) Enter "Soldado" in to the player name field on the console/web app, or set the parameters to the league/nation of the player you'd like to find.
2) In the "buy now max" box enter roughly what you believe the player could be going for. If I guess roughly 2,500 I enter that in to the "buy now max" area:

This results in a large number of cards being found:

3) So lower the "max buy now" price (or raise it if your search results in no cards being found) until you are left with only 2-3 cards on the market for that price. For Soldado, I found the lowest buy now price to be roughly 1,300 coins:

This means that the lowest buy now price for Soldado is 1,300 and any Soldado cards listed for 1,300 coins will be snapped up quickly.

BUYING A PLAYER LOW & SELLING HIGH...WATCH OUT FOR EA TAX!
Once you've found the players lowest buy now price using the method above, it's time to actually buy the player and make a profit. You've got to be careful though, as with each you sell on the market, you will lose 5% to EA tax. The way of getting around this is by calculating what you will earn after the 5% tax. To do this, use a calculator to find 95% of the lowest buy now of the player. For Soldado, this is done by multiplying 1,300 by 0.95... 1,300 x 0.95 = 1,235 coins. When I sell Soldado for 1,300 coins, I will receive 1,235 coins. This may not seem like a large amount, but when working at larger amounts of coins, you're going to be losing a lot of profit on EA tax. For example, selling a player for 100,000 coins will only result in you receiving 95,000 coins.

In the example involving Soldado, I'll receive 1,235 coins each time I sell Soldado. Buying Soldado for 1,200 coins will only result in a 35 coin profit, which isn't the greatest. To make a reasonable amount, I would be looking to buy lots of Soldado's for less than 1,100 coins. This can be done via open bids, which is a good method as it is likely you will win low bids during non-peak times.

It's a good idea to have this method going with several players. Remember to keep track of each player's lowest BIN so that you know how much you want to pay for the player. Don't get wrapped up in bidding wars, you don't want to be stuck with a giant list of Soldado's in your trade pile because the price has gone done and you haven't realised.

THE TOTW (TEAM OF THE WEEK) METHOD
The TOTW method is relatively simple but can work quite well. This variation of the buy low, sell high method involves buying the NIF (Non In-Form) version of players who are going to be released in the TOTW (Team of the Week) and then selling them during the TOTW's release duration. Here it is broken down in simple steps:

1) Use this method if you know that a player is definitely going to be in the TOTW (this is the case usually if player has a great performance during the weekend, or you can usually see the TOTW early before its release in the FUT14 General Discussion section of the site). If you wait until the TOTW is released on 5pm on the Wednesday, that isn't usually too late either, and this method could still work then.
2) Once you have decided the player(s) that you are going to buy, stock up on the NIF version of the player using the lowest buy now price method.
3) While the IF version of the TOTW players are in packs, the NIF version is not in packs. This means the number of cards for the NIF version on the market decreases, which increases the demand for the NIF player. Despite the IF player being available, people will still want to try the NIF player, but they'll have to pay more to do so.
4) Around Sunday, the player's price should have increased. This is when you sell the player.

This method does not always work, but can be very effective when it does.

OTHER VARIATIONS OF THE BUY LOW, SELL HIGH METHOD
There are many variations of the buy low, sell high trading method, a few others include:

-Buying players for a low price during non-peak hours (i.e. during the night/early morning GMT time) and selling at peak hours (i.e. Saturday evening GMT).
-Player prices usually increase if they have a great performance in real life or there is a lot of hype surrounding the player. If you see a player has done something really good or something that will result in them gaining a lot of publicity, buy them for the lowest BIN and you can possibly sell them for higher when the hype increases.
-Stock up on contracts and other consumables when they are at their lowest price, e.g. during happy hour when lots of packs are being opened. You'll be able to sell them on for a higher price later.

Thanks for reading, hopefully this guide helps some of you traders out there who are possibly just starting off. Good luck!
Neymar
Owner
Owner

SF Points : 1090386

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Buy Low, Sell High & TOTW Trading Method

Post by CR7fifa on Wed Feb 26 2014, 19:17

Nice one thank you Nyemar fo these tips.
CR7fifa
Elite
Elite

SF Points : 136788
Gamertag : SternwardCloud2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum